Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar (formerly known as College of Engineering, Sakharale) was started in 1983. Located near Islampur, 7 kms away from Peth Naka off Pune -Bangalore highway, RIT has a green beautiful campus of 17 hectares and buildings on it measuring 54,000 sq.m. RIT has emerged as a leading technological Institute in Western Maharashtra through its dedicated and disciplined approach to provide quality technical education over a period of more than thirty seven years.
RIT : What Is Special About It?
- Awards & Achievements at Institute Level
- SEED has selected RIT for the award Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership (SII) 2014
- Institute received approval from AICTE for the Diploma courses in second shift for Civil Engineering & Mechanical Engineering & increase in intake for M.Tech Design Engineering & M. Tech. Civil – Structural Engineering (18 to 24).
- Successfully conducted conference of African Associations at institute from 8th June 2014 to 15th June, 2014.
- First Graduation Ceremony of M. Tech./MBA post graduates held on 10th November, 2013 at the auspicious hands of Hon. Ratan Tata in year 2013-14.
- DQ-CMR Top T-Schools Survey 2013 – Ranked 52nd as India’s Top Engineering Colleges 2013-2014
- Institute has 23 provisionally registered patents.
- RIT has bagged Sri V.V.R. Seshadri Rao, Gudiavelleru Engineering College National Award for “The Best Private Engineering College 2013” by ISTE, New Delhi in year 2013-14.
- Best Practices Group of CSE dept. has won “Silver Medal” at QCFI, Pune Chapter – 28th Annual Convention on Quality Circle & allied concepts on 24th August, 2013in year 2013-14.
- RIT has bagged The ISTE Best Chapter Award 2012-2013.
- RIT ranked 57th in CSR-GHRDC- ENGINEERING COLLEGE SURVEY 2013 as top Private Engineering Colleges in India & ranked 6th as top Engineering College in State of Maharashtra, 2012-2013.
- RIT rated as ‘AA+‘ Institute by careers 360 survey- 2013 in year 2012-2013.
- DQ-CMR Top T-Schools Survey 2012 – Ranked 56th as India’s Top Engineering Colleges 2012-2013
- North East SUN magazine’s Best Engineering Institutes Ranking – RIT is ranked on 30th in the Top 50 Private Engineering Institutes in India 2012-2013.
- RIT rated 30th in the Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges in India by Dainik Bhaskar Lakshya, 2012-2013.
- Mechanical Engineering department’s Quality Circle team has won “Gold Medal” in CCQC held at Quality Circle Forum of India, Pune Chapter on 25th August, 2012. Topic – In Efficiency of Turmeric Processing Plant in year 2012-2013.
- Civil Engineering department’s Quality Circle team has won “Silver Medal” in CCQC held at Quality Circle Forum of India, Pune Chapter on 25th August, 2012. Topic – Kalpataru – Air Pollution Control Device for Small Scale Industries in year 2012-2013.
- Departments of Mechanical & Civil Engineering received Excellence award in Quality Circle competition at IIT, Kanpur year 2012-2013.
- The Institute is an Autonomous Institute from 2011-12.
- Institute has received Best Engineering College of Maharashtra Award by Engineering Education Foundation, Pune for the year 2011-2012.
- The Institute is an Autonomous Institute from 2011-12.
- RIT is ranked amongst first ten in the Survey of Industry-linked Engineering Institutes done by AICTE 2010-2011
- Successfully conducted Eye Donation & Eye Checking Camp in associated with Emerging Leaders of Information Technology (ELIT) on 15th September 2012.
- Quality Circle named ‘Assured’ from Automobile Engineering Department won international award at QC Convention (ICQCC) at Beijing, China in 2007-2008.
- Awards received by Dr. Mrs. S. S. Kulkarni, Director of the Institute.
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) – Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan National Award for Best Engineering College Principal 2011-2012.
- ‘Emerging HRD Thinkers Award’ for the paper on Strategic Planning for Effective Implementation of Growth & Development Plan – A Case Study awarded by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD), New Delhi through Open Competition.
- Awards received by Faculty & Staff:
- Prof. K. A. Parane & Prof. S. R. Poojara won 1st prize as Distinguished Facilitator at Infosys, Pune under Inspire Faculty contest on 27th June 2014.
- Prof. S. S. Patil, HOD – CSE dept. has won First Prize as Distinguished Facilitator at Infosys, Pune under Inspire Faculty contest on 14th August, 2013 in year 2013-2014.
- Institute Faculty Dr. S. M. Shiyekar has received Best Engineering College Teacher of Maharashtra by Engineering Education Foundation, Pune for the year 2011-2012.
- ISTE – ‘Best Engineering College Teacher Maharashtra State 2011’award received by Prof. M. T. Telsang in recognition of outstanding contribution to Academic Community in year 2011-2012.
- Prof. M. V. Pisal, Associate Professor, has been awarded “Shikshak Bhushan Puraskar” by Avishkar Foundation, Kolhapur.
- Mr. Shankar Kulkarni has been awarded with the ‘Kala-Ratna Award 2011’ by Maharashtra Journalist Foundation Felicitated by Mr. Ramesh Dev.
- Awards received by Students:
- Mr. Omkar Thorat from S.Y. B. Tech. Civil Engineering has won Third prize for his project titled Measurement of Gas in a LPG Cylinder on 1st March, 2014 at National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune and Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope, Tal: Junnar, Khodad, Dist: Pune in year 2013-2014.
- Mr. Abhijeet Shete from S. Y. M. Tech. Electrical Power System has received “BEST PAPER AWARD” in IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Collaboration in Engineering held at Kathir College of Engineering, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu on 24, 25th January 2014. He presented paper on “The case study of automatic power factor controller on distorted system with overview of harmonics reduction” in year 2013-2014..
- ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge India – 2014 hosted by IIT Delhi on 17-19th January, 2014
All Over India 2nd Rank
i. 6th Rank in Design Event
ii. 4th Rank in Drag Event
iii. 1st Rank with 49 laps in 150 minutes in Endurance event (Amount of All Prizes Rs.35,000/-)
- Automobile Engineering students secured 1st Rank in “Eco-Green Vehicle Challenge” organized by SAE at L.D.COE, Ahmadabad, Gujarat on 24-25th April 2014
All Over India 1st Rank
- 1st Rank in Design Event
- 2nd Rank in Drag Event
- 1st Rank in Endurance event (Amount of All Prizes of Rs.65,000/-)
- Students grabbed 2nd position in ASME-HPVC hosted by IIT, Delhi in year 2013-14.
- Students of Electronics department won 1st prize in “YUVA ANVESHAK” competition conducted by IIT, Jodhpur and received funds of Rs. 10 Lakhs in 2012-2013.
- Miss. Kumbhoje Priyanka Ajit and Miss. Khade Ashwini Mahadev won 3rd prize for the presentation during the 16th ISTE Students National Convention held at Periyar Maniammai University, Vallam, Thanjavur (Tamilnadu) in 2012-13
- Ms. Aditi Sutar & Mr. Prakash Vedpathak under the guidance of Prof. H. S. Jadhav won the First prize of International Fair ‘Constro 2012’ at Pune in “Memento Design Competition,” 2012-13.
- Mechanical Branch students grabbed 2nd prize in Siemens “PLM-GTT” full throttle design competition.